Sunday, August 24, 2008

New Day, New Do


We've had a busy weekend at Casa a la Sass. A trip to the Sweetcorn Festival, a trip to the Farmers Market to stock up on the waning summer produce, a return to Little Gym class, swimming, and dinner out with friends. We're trying to soak up the last of summer, while at the same time welcoming fall with open arms.

This morning the Hubs has taken Mr. O to a model airplane air show, Baby E is peacefully sleeping in his swing, and I am trying to remember what to do with moments of free time.

As promised, the above is a picture of the new do. I decided to hack my hair after concluding that I looked old. This decision was briefly reconsidered after a couple sitting next to us at Milo's told me I looked just like the U.S. Olympic gold-winning gymnast Nastia Leukin (ya know the tall willowy blond that is more than a decade younger than myself). I then glanced at their cocktails and decided not to flatter myself.

I completely love the cut--I can make it look messy, professional, or fun all in a few minutes time. I will ask you to show me some grace and ignore the bags under the eyes . . . still searching for the potential surgery-free answer to that problem.

I am in the midst of working on photo montages for the boys . . . it's my last-ditch effort to appear competent in recording at least snippits of their childhood, because Lord knows, they won't have baby books to look back on.

2 comments:

Quigs78 said...

LOVE the hair! It's so cute! I'm thinking I want to color mine, but not sure that I want to add that extra maintenance to my life.

Do you see the major dilemmas that I'm faced with on a daily basis?

Lindsay said...

Quigs-
Thanks for the compliment, I really like the hair, the only down-side being it will need to be cut more frequently to keep up the style--but heck, forced time to myself isn't such a bad thing.

Why not do partial color? All that takes to maintain is a good shampoo and conditioner, and you can go 3-4 months without getting it redone.